Multiple choice questions on Microorganisms related to Sexually transmitted diseases (STD)/STIs worldwide?
Select all the correct answers:
e) HIV infection
2. What are the common signs and symptoms of early or "primary syphilis" infection?
a) Painful chancre, sore in the face
b) High-grade fever with body aches
c) Painless chancre, sore in the genital or mouth
d) Bullous pemphigoid infecting the limbs
3. Which of the following drug, also considered a last line drug for treatment has shown resistance to gonorrhea in recent years?
4) Which of the following types of hepatitis virus can easily transmit from one person to another through sexual transmission route?
a) Hepatitis A, B and C
b) Hepatitis D
c) Hepatitis A and E
d) Hepatitis E
5) What are some typical initial signs and symptoms that occur when an individual contracts the Ebola virus prevalent in African regions?
a) Cloudy vaginal or penile discharge
b) Ulcers in the genital
c) Itchy warts in the genital area
d) Abdominal pain, fever, and sore throat
6) What are the common risk factors of STDs?
Select all the correct answers:
a) Contact with infected blood and body fluids
b) Overdose of antibiotics
c) Use of intravenous needles and drug use
d) Sexual intercourse with the infected person
7) What is the most common sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by the bacteria that is most frequently associated with women who have pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) in the United States?
a) Hepatitis A and B
c) Chlamydial infections
8) Which of the following is the drug used for the treatment of infections caused by primary or secondary stages of syphilis?
b) Benzathine penicillin G
9) A 26 year old sexually active woman comes to the clinic. She reports experiencing vaginal discharge that is yellowish-green in color and has a foul odor. She describes a persistent pain in her lower abdomen, which has been bothering her for several days. She also mentions experiencing discomfort and burning sensation while urinating.
A healthcare provider takes her medical history and sexual history, performs a pelvic examination, which reveals cervical tenderness and an unusual discharge from her cervix.
A sample of the vaginal discharge is collected for laboratory testing. Chlamydia infection is suspected.
Which of the following test is specific and rapid test for the detection of Chlamydia trachomatis?
a) Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay
b) Hemaglutinin inhibition test
c) Neutralization assay
d) Nucleic acid amplification test
10) Women 30 years old and above are recommended to get a screening test for cancer and STDs every 3 to 5 years.
Name the common test
b) Pap test
11. What STI are of utmost significance when conducting prenatal screening for pregnant women?
Select the correct answers:
a) HIV infections
d) Hepatitis B and C infections
12. What is the most common STD/ STI that can cause mouth and lip ulcers ?
a) Syphilis and Herpes
13. Which of the following statement is correct about the VDRL test that is used for the screening of STD/STI?
a) A low cost and simple urine test used for the diagnosis of late-stage syphilis
b) A blood test used for the detection of chlamydial infections
c) A low cost and simple blood test used for the diagnosis of syphilis
d) A urine test used for the detection of gonorrhea infections
14. Based on data gathered by the World Health Organization (WHO), which sexually transmitted virus is recognized as a significant cause of cervical cancer, infecting thousands of individuals annually?
a) Treponema pallidum
b) Human papilloma virus
c) Chlamydia trachomatis
15. Treatments are available for which of the following STDs/STIs?
Select all the correct options:
a) Herpes simplex virus infections
d) Chlamydia infections
16.Which STI is caused by a parasite and often leads to a frothy, yellow-green vaginal discharge in women?
17. Which of the following specimen is commonly collected from the patient for the diagnosis of trichomoniasis and bacterial vaginosis?
a) Genital swab and urine
c) Skin biopsy
18. Choose the accurate statements concerning the flesh-eating pathogen associated with recent cases of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) detected in parts of the United Kingdom and the United States.
a) Klebsiella granulomatis is a causative pathogen
b) Symptoms are skin ulcers in the genital areas and other parts of the body
c) The infection is also termed Donovanosis
d) Hydrochloroquine is the first line of drug used for the treatment
19) The following virus is a sexually transmitted pathogen that is most prevalent in the African continent.
-skin rashes all over the body, that look like blisters
-swollen lymph nodes
Name the virus
b) Trichomonas vaginalis
d) Bacillus anthracis
20. Which of the following sexually transmitted virus, the common cause of genital warts in young people age 15 to 25?
a. Human Syncytial virus
b. Human Papillomavirus
d. Human Immunodeficiency virus
21. Which of the following statements is true regarding the global prevalence of trichomoniasis?
a) It is a rare sexually transmitted disease.
b) It is primarily confined to developed countries.
c) It is the primary nonviral sexually transmitted disease worldwide.
d) It is limited to tropical regions.
1.a), b), c), and e)
Option d) Giardiasis is not STD/STI
2. c) Painless chancre, sore in the genital or mouth
3. b) Ceftriaxone
4. a) Hepatitis A, B and C
5. d) Abdominal pain, fever, and sore throat
6. b) Overdose of antibiotics
7. c) Chlamydial infections
8. b) Benzathine penicillin G
9. d) Nucleic acid amplification test
10.b) Pap test
11. a), b), and d)
12. a) Syphilis and Herpes
13. c)A low cost and simple blood test used for the diagnosis of syphilis
14. b) Human papilloma virus
15. b)Trichomoniasis, c) Syphilis, and d) Chlamydia infections
16. d) Trichomonas vaginalis
17. a) Genital swab and urine
18. a), b) and c)
Option d) is not correct, hydroxychloroquine is used for the treatment of malaria
a) Variola virus is the causative agent of smallpox, it is not transmitted sexually, b) Trichomonas vaginalis is a sexually transmitted parasite, d) Bacillus anthracis is a bacteria that causes anthrax
20. d) Human Papillomavirus
21. c) It is the primary nonviral sexually transmitted disease worldwide.