MCQ on Microorganisms associated with sexually transmitted diseases (STD/ STI)- Medical Microbiology
Multiple choice questions on Microorganisms related to Sexually transmitted diseases (STD)/STIs worldwide?
Select all the correct answers:
e) HIV infection
2. What are the common signs and symptoms of early or "primary syphilis" infection?
a) Painful chancre, sore in the face
b) High-grade fever with body aches
c) Painless chancre, sore in the genital or mouth
d) Bullous pemphigoid infecting the limbs
3. Which of the following drug, also considered a last line drug for treatment has shown resistance to gonorrhea in recent years?
4) Which of the following types of hepatitis virus can easily transmit from one person to another through the sexual transmission route?
a) Hepatitis A, B and C
b) Hepatitis D
c) Hepatitis A and E
d) Hepatitis E
5) Which of the following are the common early signs and symptoms after the person contracts the Ebola virus that is predominant in the African regions and can be transmitted through sexual contact?
a) Cloudy vaginal or penile discharge
b) Ulcers in the genital
c) Itchy warts in the genital area
d) Abdominal pain, fever, and sore throat
6) What are the common risk factors of STDs?
Select all the correct answers:
a) Contact with infected blood and body fluids
b) Overdose of antibiotics
c) Use of intravenous needles and drug use
d) Sexual intercourse with the infected person
7) Which of the following is the most common STD caused by the bacteria that is most prevalent in women suffering from pelvic inflammatory disease in the United States?
a) Hepatitis A and B
c) Chlamydial infections
8) Which of the following is the drug used for the treatment of infections caused by primary or secondary stages of syphilis?
b) Benzathine penicillin G
9) A 23 year old sexually active woman visited a clinic, symptoms included pain while urinating and vaginal discharge. Chlamydial infection was suspected, a urine sample was taken and a swab specimen of vaginal discharge was taken for the diagnosis.
Which of the following test is the more specific and rapid test for the detection of the pathogen?
a) Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay
b) Hemaglutinin inhibition test
c) Neutralization assay
d) Nucleic acid amplification test
10) Women 30 years old and above are recommended to get a screening test for cancer and STDs every 3 to 5 years.
Name the common test
b) Pap test
11. Which of the following infections are the most important in the prenatal screening of pregnant women?
Select the correct answers:
a) HIV infections
d) Hepatitis B and C infections
12. What is the most common STD/ STI that can cause ulcers or sores in the mouth and lips?
a) Syphilis and Herpes
13. Which of the following statement is correct about the VDRL test that is used for the screening of STD/STI?
a) A low cost and simple urine test used for the diagnosis of late-stage syphilis
b) A blood test used for the detection of chlamydial infections
c) A low cost and simple blood test used for the diagnosis of syphilis
d) A urine test used for the detection of gonorrhea infections
14. According to data collected from WHO (world health organization) which of the following sexually transmitted virus is considered a major cervical cancer virus infecting more than thousands of people each year?
a) Treponema pallidum
b) Human papilloma virus
c) Chlamydia trachomatis
15. Treatments are available for which of the following STDs/STIs?
Select all the correct options:
a) Herpes simplex virus infections
d) Chlamydia infections
16. Name the following pathogen that describes the following statements.
- a pathogen responsible for a common STD that can be treated or cured
- women are more susceptible to the infection caused by the pathogen
- majority of people show no symptoms after they are infected with the pathogen
a) Hepatitis B
b) Human Immunodeficiency virus
c) Herpes (varicella zoster) virus
d) Trichomonas vaginalis
17. Which of the following specimen is usually collected from the patient for the diagnosis of trichomoniasis and bacterial vaginosis?
a) Genital swab and urine
c) Skin biopsy
18. A flesh-eating pathogen has been associated with STDs that recently have been detected in some parts of the United Kingdom and the United States.
Select all the correct statements regarding the disease
a) Klebsiella granulomatis is a causative pathogen
b) Symptoms are skin ulcers in the genital areas and other parts of the body
c) The infection is also termed Donovanosis
d) Hydrochloroquine is the first line of drug used for the treatment
19) The following virus is a sexually transmitted pathogen that is most prevalent in the African continent.
-skin rashes all over the body, that look like blisters
-swollen lymph nodes
Name the virus
b) Trichomonas vaginalis
d) Bacillus anthracis
20. Which of the following treatable STD is commonly seen in young people age 15 to 25 and is a major STD virus that may cause genital warts and may lead to cancer in some patients?
a. Human Syncytial virus
b. Human Papillomavirus
d. Human Immunodeficiency virus
1.a), b), c), and e)
Option d) Giardiasis is not STD/STI
2. c) Painless chancre, sore in the genital or mouth
3. b) Ceftriaxone
4. a) Hepatitis A, B and C
5. d) Abdominal pain, fever, and sore throat
6. b) Overdose of antibiotics
7. c) Chlamydial infections
8. b) Benzathine penicillin G
9. d) Nucleic acid amplification test
10.b) Pap test
11. a), b), and d)
12. a) Syphilis and Herpes
13. c)A low cost and simple blood test used for the diagnosis of syphilis
14. b) Human papilloma virus
15. b)Trichomoniasis, c) Syphilis, and d) Chlamydia infections
16. d) Trichomonas vaginalis
17. a) Genital swab and urine
18. a), b) and c)
Option d) is not correct, hydroxychloroquine is used for the treatment of malaria
a) Variola virus is the causative agent of smallpox, it is not transmitted sexually, b) Trichomonas vaginalis is a sexually transmitted parasite, d) Bacillus anthracis is a bacteria that causes anthrax
20. d) Human Papillomavirus
Post a Comment