Multiple Choice Question on Coronavirus1) The first case of corona virus causing severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS-CoV) was found in Asia in 2002, which of the following country has the greatest number of confirmed death cases from the virus till date?
2) When was the first case of the COVID-19 (coronavirus disease-19) infection seen in the USA? Select from the options below
3) Which of the following virus does not show flu symptoms in humans?
d) Influenza virus
4) Which of the following statement is NOT true about the important properties of Coronavirus?
a) Non-Enveloped RNA virus
b) Enveloped RNA virus
c) Distributed around the world
d) Can spread from person to person
5) Coronavirus can cause gastroenteritis in animals. True or False?
6) Which of the following people are seen at a higher risk of mortality during the COVID-19 infections?
a) Pregnant women
b) Kids 5-10 years old
c) Men 30- 50 years old
d) Older population
7) There is no proper treatment available for the SARS caused by coronavirus, which of the following is NOT the preventive measures for the virus to spread from one person to another?
a) Quarantine of the infected person
b) Travel restriction to the epidemic area
c) Proper laboratory clothing with mask, gloves, and goggles by a health care worker
d) Vaccination during the cold seasons
8) The recent outbreak of the coronavirus infections has spread in many countries and declared a pandemic, an increasing number of deaths have been reported all over the world. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the infection caused by COVID-19?
a) Animal to human transmission have been found
b) Person to person transmission has not been found
c) SARS is the severe respiratory infection caused by coronavirus
d) High fever, cold and difficulty in breathing are the symptoms
9) Middle east respiratory syndrome (MERS) is the type of coronavirus, when was the first case of the virus reported?
10) The most likely source of the MERS-CoV to humans is.............?
11) Which of the following is NOT the most common symptoms of infection caused by the coronavirus?
a) High fever
c) Difficulty in breathing
12) Which of the following is NOT the proper specimen for the identification of SARS-CoV?
a) Nasal secretions
13) Which of the following country has reported the highest cases of COVID-19 (July 2020) infections other than China and Spain?
14) New York has the most cases of deaths reported in the USA from COVID-19, as of July 2020 how many people all over the country have been reported to be infected?
b. < 4 million
c. > 2 million
d. 1 million
15) Which of the following antiviral drug is seen as the possible experimental drug for COVID-19 but no 100% positive results have been shown by the drug yet?
16) According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) the USA, more than 70 percent of people dying from COVID-19 are in which of the following age group?
a. 50 years and below
b. 65 years and above
c. 45 years and above
d. 50 years and above
17) More than 10 million positive confirmed COVID-19 cases has been reported worldwide, how many confirmed death cases has been reported globally till date (July 2020)?
a. > 300,000
b. < 200,000
c. > 100000
d. < 600,000
18) Which of the following was the recent pandemic seen in the last 25 years?
a. 2009 H1N1
b. 2014 H5
c. 1994 Plague
d. None of the above
19) The origin of the corona virus strain causing SARS and MERS has been found to be from bats, which of the following animal have been found to be the possible host for the COVID-19 that first transmitted to humans in China?
d. None of the above
20) ................ alcohol is found to be an effective disinfectant for the COVID-19 virus
a. 50 % - 60 %
c. 60% -70 %
d. All of the above
21) The COVID-19 was declared as a pandemic disease in early 2020, according to the different health authorities around the world (WHO/ CDC etc.) what preventive measures should be taken by symptomatic as well as asymptomatic people to stay safe and stop the spread of the virus? Select all the correct answers from the options below
a. To use the mask to cover mouth in public places
b. To wash hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
c. To stay at least 6 feet apart from others in public places
d. To quarantine and stay home as much as possible
22) The study on corona virus shows that COVID-19 remains active outside the host cell and is transferred to humans through the mucous membranes, some factors which could make the virus less active/less stable are given below, EXCEPT?
a. UV light
b. Hot water
d. None of the above
23) An increasing number of children hospitalized in different parts of Europe and USA are possibly linked to the COVID-19, among those children some of them have shown symptoms of "pediatric multi-system inflammatory syndrome". Experts suggest that the symptoms likely resemble to which of the following condition?
b. Kawasaki disease
c. Marasmus disease
d. Toxic shock syndrome
24) In May 2020 one of the pharmaceutical company from the USA announced that Food and drug administration (FDA) have approved and allowed it to start the phase 2 trial of potential vaccine for COVID-19, which of the following is the most correct statement about the phase 2 trial of the vaccines?
a. Greater number of patients are given the determined doses of the drug
b. Few patients are given a very small dose of the new drug
c. Small groups of patients are given multiple doses of the drug
d. Testing the efficiency and safety of the drug after it is available in the market
25) A 21-year-old male, working in a grocery store in California where the virus has spread, suddenly developed a high fever, fatigue, and body ache similar to the symptoms of regular flu/common cold. He was suspected of COVID-19 by his doctor, since he had mild symptoms and was recommended to isolate and take care of himself at home. If the symptoms get worse such as difficulty in breathing, a confirmation test for COVID-19 must be performed. All of the following statements are true about the diagnosis of COVID-19, EXCEPT?
a. Nasal swab, throat swab, and saliva are taken as a sample for the detection of the virus
b. The samples taken immediately after the exposure to the virus may give false-negative test results
c. A blood test is the primary diagnostic test for the identification of the virus
d. RT-PCR technique is used as a diagnostic test for the identification of the virus
3-c) Rota virus
4-a) Non enveloped RNA virus
6-d) All of the above
7-d) Vaccination during the cold seasons
8-b) Person to person transmission has not been found
11-d) Brown spots around the face
14-b) < 4 million
16-b) 65 years and above
17-d) < 600,000
18-a) 2009 H1N1
19-d) None of the above
20-c) 60% - 70 %
21- a), b), c), d)