Cardiovascular physiology is the study of the cardiovascular system and its function in circulating blood throughout the body. The cardiovascular system consists of the heart, blood vessels (arteries, veins, and capillaries), and blood. It plays a crucial role in supplying oxygen, nutrients, hormones, and other vital substances to tissues and organs while removing waste products.
1. Which of the following chambers of the heart receives oxygenated blood?
a) Left atrium
b) Left ventricle
c) Right atrium
d) Right ventricle
2. Which of the following blood vessels carries deoxygenated blood back to the heart?
d) Lymphatic vessels
3. What is the main function of red blood cells in the cardiovascular system?
a) Fighting infection
b) Filtering waste products
c) Initiating blood clotting
d) Carrying oxygen
4. What is cardiac output (CO)?
a) The amount of blood ejected from right ventricle
b) The amount of blood ejected from left ventricle
c) The amount of blood ejected from left atrium
d) The amount of blood ejected from right atrium
5. Which of the following is the correct statement regarding capillaries (blood vessels)?
a) Smallest and thinnest blood vessels in the body for nutrient and gas exchange between the blood and surrounding tissues
b) Small veins that collects deoxygenated blood and waste products from the tissues
c) Small arteries that regulate blow flow and control blood pressure
d) Thick blood vessels that carry oxygenated blood away from the heart and distribute it to the various organs and tissues of the body
6. Which of the following hormones regulates blood pressure?
7. What is the normal blood pressure range value for an adult healthy individual?
a) 100/60 to 110/70 mmHg
b) 110/70 to 120/80 mmHg
b) 130/80 to 140/90 mmHg
c) 140/90 to 145/95 mmHg
1. a) Left atrium
2. c) Veins
3. d) Carrying oxygen
4. b) The amount of blood ejected from left ventricle
5. a) Smallest and thinnest blood vessels in the body for nutrient and gas exchange between the blood and surrounding tissues
6. c) Adrenaline
7. b) 110/70 to 120/80 mmHg